We would like to thank you for the feedback you have given us. It is very constructive and helps us to serve our community more effectively.
We have had feedback through:
- Parents’ Evening Questionnaires
- Parental Surveys
- Phone calls and letters
- Reply slips (e.g. with reports to parents)
- Parents’ evening discussions
- Pastoral meetings with parents
- Community Outreach Work
- Direct contact with Governors
- Open days/evenings
- Visiting feeder high school parents’ evenings
We have changed many aspects of what we do as a result. Here are the most pertinent examples:
- We now keep the students on site at lunchtime.
- We have devised a uniform policy that is convenient for parents and provides outstanding value for money.
- We will shortly introduce Parent Pay for financial transactions.
- We have worked on communication with parents by changing or employing : emails, text alerts, newsletters, the website, reports to parents, telephone calls, letters.
- We have extended curriculum choice at Key Stage 4 and for Post-16, now offering many more subjects.
- We have brought forward the options process at Key Stage 4 to give more time for advice and guidance to students and parents.
- We have started the Key Stage 4 curriculum earlier into Year 9, by working with the High Schools. This gives much better curriculum continuity.
- We have tackled transport and in particular bus issues, (the transport is a County Council service).
- We have changed the arrangements of the bus park at the end of the school day to improve safety.
- School meals (a County Council service) have been improved through a student led working party.
- We have made changes to the timings of parents’ evenings to make it more convenient for parents. This has increased the turnout significantly.
- We have published information about the way in which we use the Pupil Premium.
- We have followed up on homework issues.
- We have tackled any issue raised with us relating to the quality of what we provide for our students.
If there are any other ways in which you feel we could do even better, please contact us.