National Citizen Service
The National Citizen Service …. What an experience!
Almost 50 sixth form students (some pictured below) have taken part in the National Citizen Service programme this year and we are really PROUD of their commitment and achievements! Paddy Hammond and Harley Morris in Year 12 have graduated and been ‘promoted’ as mentors. In February they presented their experiences and made their public thanks to the NCS at the University of Leicester. The audience consisted of undergraduates at the university and teaching staff which included Doctors and Professors.
The NCS has offered students a fantastic opportunity to develop their personal, social and employability skills such as leadership, teamwork and communication.
The scheme also promotes the participation of young people making a positive difference the local community through social action projects. All students involved have raised money and awareness of a range of charities in the local area
The NCS has provided the following opportunities:
- Development of employability and transferable skills
- Building of confidence and self esteem
- Personal and social development
- NCS is recognised by UCAS for those that are looking to apply for university
- Networking opportunities with local business and charities through the skills workshops
- Making a positive difference in their local community
- Graduate from NCS and receive a certificate signed by the Prime Minister
- Opportunity to volunteer with NCS as a NCS graduate after programme
- Opportunity to apply to be a paid NCS staff mentor when 18
THANK YOU NCS…
We will continue to work closely to help build a brilliant future for our students!