King Edward VII Science and Sport College promotes lifelong learning and high achievement by working with students from 14 to 19 years of age to enable them to:
- Maximise their academic, social and personal development.
- Develop enquiring minds and a sense of curiosity.
- Develop attitudes and values together with skills and knowledge.
- Work independently and collaboratively.
- Carry out self review and set targets.
- Develop high self-esteem ‘respecting themselves’ others and the environment.
- Extend themselves in mind, body and spirit.
- Be flexible and adaptable for the modern world.
At King Edward VII College we believe that these aims will be met by:
- Demonstrating at all times that the education of all students is of equal value.
- Supporting the Academy policies with regard to Social, Moral, Spiritual, Cultural education, Equal Opportunities, Special Educational Needs and challenging prejudice and discrimination in all its forms.
- Providing a secure, supportive and purposeful, challenging, stimulating learning environment.
- Providing a broad and balanced curriculum which is accessible to all.
- Providing opportunities for all students to experience success in a variety of ways.
- Encouraging learning partnerships between school, home and the community.
- Providing a rich varied and up to date range of resources/learning environments which are modern, relevant and fitting to meet the needs of the 21st century.
- Providing an enriched programme of extra curricular activities and visits.
- Providing a programme of vocational guidance and work experience for all students.
- Encouraging innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning.
- The use of explicit criteria, shared and agreed between teachers and students, using a range of assessment techniques.
- Collaboration with other institutions to ensure proper progression and continuity in the educational experience of our students.
- Ensuring the smooth transition of students to work and to institutions of Further and Higher Education.
- Seeking to respond to the needs of the community through the provision of a full range of educational, leisure and social activities.
- Providing opportunities for all staff to enhance their professional development in support of their careers and aims of the college by offering relevant development and training.
- Striving for improvement in all we do, incorporating the principles of The Art of Brilliance.